If you’re looking for things to do in the San Fernando Valley and the greater Los Angeles area from April 19-26, you’ve come to the right place. This bustling area is always buzzing with entertainment, culture, and fun, and this week is no different. Here are some exciting events and activities to explore.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Events in San Fernando Valley and LA area
- Taste of the Valley food festival, Earth Day Celebration
- KCRW World Festival and other upcoming events
Events to explore for you
- Taste of the Valley: If you’re a foodie, this event is not to be missed. On April 22nd, the Valley Cultural Center is hosting its annual Taste of the Valley event, where you can sample the best food from local restaurants and vendors. Enjoy live music, a silent auction, and a beer and wine garden. Tickets start at $25, and all proceeds benefit the Valley Cultural Center.
- Free Earth Day Celebration: Head to the San Fernando Valley’s Pierce College on April 24th for a free Earth Day celebration. Enjoy eco-friendly exhibits, food trucks, live music, and a kid’s zone. You can also learn about environmentally sustainable products and services.
- KCRW’s World Festival: Every year, KCRW hosts a World Festival at the Hollywood Bowl. On April 21st, the festival kicks off with a lineup that includes The Specials and The Selecter. Get your tickets now to enjoy a night of great music, delicious food, and stunning views of the Hollywood Hills.
- Pop-Up Magazine: On April 24th, experience the world’s first live magazine at the Theatre at Ace Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. This unique event features writers, filmmakers, and artists who bring their stories to life on stage. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience that you won’t want to miss.
- Saved by the Max: If you’re a fan of the hit ’90s TV show, “Saved by the Bell,” you’ll love this pop-up restaurant in West Hollywood. It’s a replica of the show’s iconic diner, The Max, and features themed food and drinks. The pop-up is only open until May 1st, so don’t wait to make your reservation.
- Art Walks: Several neighborhoods in Los Angeles host monthly art walks, where galleries and art studios open their doors to the public. This week, check out the Downtown LA Art Walk on April 21st, the Venice Art Crawl on April 22nd, and the Brewery Artwalk on April 22nd and 23rd.
- Los Angeles Times Festival of Books: The largest book festival in the country is coming to USC on April 29th and 30th. Meet your favorite authors, attend panel discussions, and enjoy live music and food. Admission is free.
- CicLAvia: On May 7th, CicLAvia will transform the San Fernando Valley into a car-free zone for a day. Explore the city by bike or foot, enjoy local food and drinks, and participate in fun activities along the route.
With so many things to do in the San Fernando Valley and greater Los Angeles area, you’ll never run out of entertainment options. From food festivals and art walks to live music and unique pop-up events, there’s something for everyone. Don’t forget to mark your calendar for these upcoming events, too.